Saturday, April 7, 2012

Yo! Competition, I love Thee

Of all the people around you, in my opinion it is your competition that you should be loving the most.. Why? The answer is very obvious. If not for competition you would not be doing your best and you would never ever be creative and innovate. Bless the competition he 'drives' you to do what you would not be doing if you were not challenged.

I would like to tweak a well known and used phrase a little: "Behind Every Successful Man There Is A Woman"; "Behind every successful man there is a competitor" - competitor could be of any form which I don't want to discuss about as that is not what I intend to. Respect and love your competition, he brings the strength, the creativity and the innovative spirit that is within you. Every time you make a move he pushes the bar some more, when you are ahead he tries to reach you. In this journey you have together established and achieved so much between you. What a wonderful journey it is. Savor the struggle, the sleepless nights and the fire in the belly your carry to outsmart the other.

I would like to relate this opinion of mine with two from my list of favorite ad campaigns. Enjoy watching while you read my version of the commentary to these ads.

Truly, "YO! COMPETITION, I LOVE THEE"

1. Center Fruit jugalbandi concept created by Ogilvy India (Ogilvy - you guys rock!): Every time I see this ad, I just can't stop laughter looking at the attitude those to main characters exhibit. I just love the way the singer every time tries to get in between to find a winning way but fails. His expressions really says the psychological pressure he goes through trying to prove his talent. And, the tabla maestro is a cracker, who shows absolute confidence in everything he does right from the first beat and reaches the top when he uses a comb while playing the tabla in one hand. Man! What an idea! I do not know what the Ogilvy guys had in mind when they created the script of the ad, but I see it so pleasantly and creatively showcasing the beauty of competition. The struggle, the agony, the attitude and the satisfaction - every emotion so hilariously showcased. (Don't miss out to watch the reactions of the people in the group - equally hilarious as it portrays the different characters within an organization and how they contribute)
 
 

2. The second showcase I want to relate to the topic is the TVS Wego ad by BBH India. An absolutely fantastic ad campaign which shows creativity in a high risk scenario. Again the attitude the female leads show is so wonderful. The confidence in the two in doing absolutely crazy things while riding pinion is awesome. Watch out the 'third hand' which comes touching the rider of the black scooter (excellent comic piece). The ultimate is the last stunt. I hurt my stomach laughing every time I see the last bit of the competition. The ad was created to exemplify the 'body balance' factor of the scooter, but for me I enjoyed it the way how two competitors actually work bringing out every ounce of creative energy to be the winner.

 

[I was actually planning to write a post on love and affection but this topic outsmarted it.. :o)]. If you wish to comment on this post, please feel free to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment