Friday, February 3, 2012

Augmented Reality - My new love

I was zapped when I saw this video and since I am into marketing I shot up to the skies imagining the possibilities this medium will bring to the world of communication.


This technology has wide applications in the field of Education, Marketing, Healthcare, Training, Research and many more...

For a marketing professional this can open up a new means of engaging with his target audience. Provide innovative ways of reaching out to his customers. Kudos to Mahindra team to have made use of this technology in promoting its XUV500 in India in the recent Auto Expo... I could see many more companies and ad agencies finding creative means of putting this technology to use. Its a whole new world out there and is up for grabs for an alert marketer..



Customer service is going to be another field which can make wonders through innovative use of AR technology.

While I am penning this post there is an idea that is germinating and am hoping to write a separate post on creative use of AR in customer service or marketing.

I just can't imagine the depth of improvement this technology is going to bring to the field of education. This is going to create wonders in the way knowledge is transferred. Our future generation is going to be very privileged to experience the benefits of an exciting learning atmosphere.

HR and Training professionals can now create new strategies for their training programs. AR will bring considerable advantage in training fresh graduates in business models who attract fresh talent in companies like I am in, where as a policy our intake of workforce at the operations level is around 70% fresh graduates. Continual and on-the-job training will get a huge boost.

What an exciting time in history I am in... Am privileged to be here!!! And, AR is going to be part of my Marketing Plan for the year ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment